Starting a new business involves many challenges. At Maybe, we offer a variety of courses to give you the skills you need to become self-employed and successfully run your own small business.
Alongside our training courses, we offer advice and great-value business services to people seeking to become self-employed.
If you are starting a small business, we can create your logo, design and print your business cards, write your marketing copy and build you an online platform.
Visit our Business Services website to learn more.
Personal Development and Mentoring – The Road to Success
Work with our media team to design future issues of Maybe Magazine, enhance your CV and get vital work experience. Grow your skills and knowledge in media and retail, build confidence and increase your chances of securing a job.
What will you gain from work experience with Maybe?
- Personal development training including presentation skills, goal setting, team working, problem solving, time-keeping, motivation and confidence building.
- Work placements with Maybe Magazine to learn and practise media skills and work skills including planning, researching, writing, interviewing, photographing and graphic design.
- Technical skills training including Adobe InDesign/Photoshop, online marketing tools including social media and Mailchimp, online publishing tools including Apple News and Calameo.
- Retail Skills training including customer service, merchandising and consumer law.
- Valuable skills in media, employability, retail and business administration.
- Be credited in Maybe Magazine for your contributions to its production.
- Identify job opportunities, prepare for interviews and gain a strong reference.
How does it work?
The programme runs 10.00am-5.00pm, flexibly on a number of days between February and June 2017 at our offices in Bletchley Park and Aylesbury.
The cost is free for unemployed people.
Initial interviews are being held until 1st June.
Find out more
Places are limited and are filling fast. To secure your place contact:
Are you aged 16-24 and looking for work, or to change your career?
Want to gain leading edge skills in marketing?
Maybe’s Marketing Apprenticeship Programme runs five days a week, over a 12 month period.
- Develop market research skills and help develop and implement marketing campaigns.
- Plan and post digital content and interpret analytics.
- Help develop Social Media strategy, grow networks, post effective content and analyse results.
- Support sales activity and help manage customer relationships by telephone, email and social media.
- Achieve Level 3 qualifications in Marketing.